Toyota 4Runner MPG
The Toyota 4Runner is one efficient sport utility vehicle, boasting an EPA-estimated 16 city/19 highway MPG.* To show drivers in Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, and Carlisle, Pennsylvania, exactly what this means, our Faulkner Toyota Harrisburg team has drawn up this 2020 Toyota 4Runner MPG review.
While you’re reading along, you’ll be able to get a look at some of the performance features that set this SUV apart and how it can be simultaneously so capable and so efficient. If you’re ready to bring home your own 4Runner, easily browse our inventory online.
Pay us a visit, give us a call, or send us an email with any questions you have along the way. We’ll be happy to answer them for you as quickly as possible.
Toyota 4Runner MPG & Engine Specs
Power and capability are crucial in an SUV, especially if you plan to tow, go off-roading, or take on inclement weather situations often present on the East Coast. The 2020 4Runner is up for the challenge, all while giving you a fuel economy to keep you on the road longer.
The Toyota 4Runner is propelled by a 4.0-liter V6 engine with a maximum output of 270 horsepower and 278 lb-ft of torque. Paired with a 5-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission, it enables you to seamlessly conquer the road in front of you. Plus, with your choice of a 4×2 or a 4×4 system and a towing capacity up to 5,000 pounds, testing the limits is a breeze.
No matter which configuration you choose, you can expect an EPA-estimated mileage of 16 city/19 highway, and 17 combined MPG.* With this fuel economy, you can be confident the 4Runner has what it takes to get you from Point A to Point B with fuel to spare.
However, in addition to its powerful performance and fuel-efficient capability, the Toyota 4Runner has so much more to offer.
Toyota 4Runner: Features for Your Off-Roading Adventures
If you plan on taking your Toyota 4Runner off the beaten path, we’re sure you’ll be pleased with the results. To start, the 2020 Toyota 4Runner has a generous ground clearance to ensure you’ll have a distinct advantage in avoiding any obstacles.
Add to that standard Downhill Assist Control—a system sure to come in handy when you’re tackling rough terrain—and you’re set to venture into the unknown. It distinguishes itself by helping you maintain control of the vehicle while making your way down steep descents.
Hill Start Assist Control is also standard and makes its mark when you’re ready to get going again after being parked on the side of a hill. It continues to hold down the brakes for an extra moment while you’re moving your foot from the brake to the gas pedal. This feature prevents you from rolling the wrong way down the hill before you can properly accelerate.
The Star Safety System™ comes standard as well and provides several tools to give you an unmistakable boost in performance. These convenient tools include:
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Anti-lock Brake System and Brake Assist
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution
- Smart Stop Technology
5 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Toyota 4Runner MPG
When it comes to making sure your Toyota 4Runner provides you with an efficient performance in terms of fuel economy, there are some things you can do to help. Along with the engine’s Variable Valve Timing that’s engineered to elevate efficiency, here are five things you can do to avoid visiting the gas station as frequently. You can easily schedule your maintenance appointment online if you’re in need of maintenance.
- Have the air filter changed on a regular basis: The engine’s air filter is there to make sure dirt and debris stay out of the engine. Switching it out regularly keeps your engine running smoothly and efficiently.
- Keep up to date with oil changes: Oil changes should be performed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles on your 4Runner. This ensures your engine gets the lubrication it needs to stay fuel efficient. If you skip an oil change, your engine will have to work harder, using more power and fuel to do so.
- Care properly for your tires: Without routine tire rotations, your tires will wear unevenly, also a cause of lower-than-usual mileage. Ensure they’re always filled to the proper amount since driving on flat tires can also lead to a less efficient drive.
- Observe the speed limit: Driving too fast can put excessive stress on the engine and cause its performance and fuel economy to suffer. Consider staying close to the speed limit and your gas tank—and wallet—will thank you for it.
- Limit weight in the cabin: If you find your vehicle’s interior tends to collect a lot of clutter or you carry unnecessary heavy items in your vehicle, you may see a change in your fuel economy. Lessening your payload will elevate the Toyota 4Runner MPG.
Get a Feel for the Toyota 4Runner MPG Today
As you can see, there’s not a lot this formidable vehicle can’t do while staying efficient. From towing and off-roading to being an ideal family vehicle, its fuel economy and capability pull through for drivers day after day.
To see for yourself exactly how the 2020 Toyota 4Runner can enhance your drives throughout Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, and Carlisle, PA—as well as beyond—contact us here at Faulkner Toyota Harrisburg to set up your test drive. Our team can get you behind the wheel and show you what else awaits in this remarkable SUV. Make your appointment today!
* 2020 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.